Preparing 2-hydroxybenzoic acid
1. Make a mixture of :2g of wintergreen oil
25 cm3 of 2 mol dm-3 Sodium Hydroxide solution
2. Heating up the 30 cm3 of mixture in the water bath (over 30 minutes)
3. Pour mixture into small beaker then place the small beaker into the ice-water bath, add in concentrated Hydrochloride acid (till the solution turns into acidic) and stir the mixture at the same time.
4. Filter by the Buchner funnel, suction apparatus.
5. Wash it, collect it, transfer it into weighed watch glass, leave it out to dry up.